6.18.2013

Day #3


A picture of something that makes me happy. Since I have a lot of things that makes me happy, I guess I'll just post some of them.


#1. Music
A lot of people probably feel the same thing when it comes to music. Music can make us feel. Whether it's sadness, happiness, or other feelings that may come to you when you listen to it. I have so many inspiring musician that I absolutely adore. And I'll tell you two of them since I listen to their music a lot lately and also, I can't list all of my favorite singer/band. When I love an artist, be it they are musician, singer, writer, or even model, there must be something about them that draw me in and there is just have to be something unique about them. Also we probably some have similarities in personality. So here goes.


Eliza doolittle

A British singer who I discovered back in 2010 and have been in love with her and her music ever since. Her genre is a mixed of ska, indie pop, folk, and retro pop. The first song that I listened to was Rollerblades. I love her music because the way she wrote her song is just so unique and honest. Some of her music can be so meaningful yet its still fun and catchy. You can see her personality through her way of writing a song. One of her song that absolutely my favorite and also speak a lot to me is "Nobody". The lyrics triggered something in me that made me realized that its better being a nobody rather than trying so hard to be somebody only to be someone who are not you. Its also inspired me to write a short story for my literature class. Not only her music, her style and her personality are also the things that made me fall in love with her.

Lana Del Rey

There is just something about her and her music that is so hauntingly beautiful. Her lyrics are sometimes dark,           
and portrayed sadness but sometimes so wild and blunt  Her music is similar with something coming from 50's and 60's. Even Lana her self described her as "self styled gangsta Nancy Sinatra". I really love her voice and the way she sing. Her stage performance is always so simple but that is what make it so beautiful and intimate (from what I've seen online anyway). She is her own style and her own music. She is Lana. I've come to term that no one can do a cover of Lana's song and would sound better than her or even the same. She has her own way of singing that is so haunting, dark, yet beautiful and unforgettable. She is always look so pretty and graceful. She doesn't care about what other people think of her. Her music may not be everyone's cup of tea but that is what I love about her music. It's different. Her video are just as beautiful. They are all always so meaningful and symbolic. Some of my favorite song of her are "Blue Jeans" "National anthem" "Diet mountain dew" and "young and beautiful". All in all, Lana is one of a kind.

#2 Foods
I love food. I adore food. Food makes me happy. Especially those sweet creature known as dessert or snack. Especially those food which contain chocolate in it. They are my weakness. So here goes

Nutella

I can no tell you how much I love nutella. Either I eat it with bread, or just eat it straight from the spoon, its always so goooood. If you don't like nutella well I'm sorry but we can't be friends. Sadly, nutella is so hard to find in mini market and that fact is what makes me depressed sometime.

Oreo

"Twist-lick-dip". Don't tell me you don't love this little thing. Oreo is one of my best friends. It's just sooo good. Especially if you dip it to a glass of milk or blend it into your chocolate smoothie. 

#3 Book



If you know me well enough, you know I love book and you know how it affects me so yeah. This is absolutely one of the thing that can makes me happy. 

#4 beautiful words

Be it from lyrics, poems, or quotes I always love this kind of thing. The beauty of how the writer string up each words into one. I love being absorbed in them and trying to understand the meaning of each sentence or phrase. Here are some of my favorite


This is a piece of poems from Lang Leav. Absolutely beautiful

A quotes from Sylvia Plath which is so me

My favorite from John Green


Those thing makes me happy and I love them 

Xoxo, Tata


No comments:

Post a Comment